Thursday, May 28, 2009

Why Georgia - John Mayer

This week has been oddely strange. I just read my best friends blog and somehow the words she wrote in a small albeit subtle way related to me - I'm feeling just as....whatstheword?

lost.

It's been a weird week Worldwide and that is a proven fact.

Small instances when people share their stories about their week - and you relate it back to yours and see how petty yours is in comparison.. I don't know. Frustrates me. Everyone, including me takes things for granted. And everyone knows this. Everyone writes this but does nothing to mend it.

Also, I'm getting my period :) Heads up, fellahs. Bitch in Vid is about to emerge.


Peter Singer's philosophy:

When we see a child drown in a pool, us as human beings are OBLIGED to jump in and save the child. And everyone with a good head on their shoulders would. It's basic human instinct.

But if that is so, then why is it when we watch the television illustrating the difficulties faced by children from less fortunate parts of the World, we don't immediately jump to help. We sit back, sympathies and merely change the channel.

Another theory of his..
He believes that old people should perform euthanasia. Why? Because the old people use up more medical resources than the rest of us - leaving the younger (and more healthy) generation to have a lack of it.
Obviously from a moral perspective no one would agree with this because who are we to play God?

Anyway thats just controversial so I won't go in to that. In case you're wondering, I'm learning Philosophy this semester and it's growing on me.

kiss xx

No comments:

Post a Comment