I won't (be one of the many bagazillion people to) write about New Years, about how it brings about new hope, new bittersweet memories, all of which we wish we could have control over, about how new resolutions are made to correct the mistakes we (or other people) have made in the past..
Ok, I so totally contradicted myself. That introduction, made this post compatible to fit in to the category of "cliche New Year posts".
Aw Fuck (Resolution #1: swear less). Oh well, A+ for my effort, right?
Again, no I am so not going to write a proper list of Resolutions. Why? It is an absolute waste. In my eyes, at lest. Even if I did write one, it's not like I'm going to stick to it.
Do you want to know why I think making resolutions are silly? Well even if you don't care, that's too bad because I'm going to write it down anyway. Starting from here* (for those who want to skip my explanation)
OK well firstly, why build yourself up for disappointment? We have all these awesomely ambitious aspirations we totally build ourselves up to believe we could achieve, one admirable quality indeed, but I'm pretty sure proper statistics could prove that only a minority number of people would actually reach these goals. Which also means that the majority of people would be left.. to wallow in their disappointment.
Secondly, why start the new year with all this pressure? Take a chill pill and relax, man. You know what they all say... whatever you do on the day of New Years will be what you'll be doing for the rest of the year!
And lastly, though I admit this is a poor argument but one that should be brought forward nonetheless, and since I too have become more environmental friendly (I dump all my rubbish papers in to a bag till it's full and recycle it ok! I also rarely use plastic bags when I buy my groceries - but totally besides the point and super hilang plot) it's a damn waste of paper. Waste of time + waste of effort = waste of energy and you know how energy can't be created which means we would be using up the energy from the environment, transferring it to the use of something that benefits NO ONE.
*end
Anyway, my new years was.. interesting. ;)
*insert picture*
We're 20 THIS YEAR YA'LL ZOMG SO OLD DUDE 2 DECADES MAN WHOAHAHA.
LoveLots xx

You mmg rawak abis ah. (Figure that out)
ReplyDeleteBut yr still my heart :)